There's been a lot of talk about Artfire's new Group Deal, the deal they are offering for a group of 20,000 people and is capped at 50,000 people for a super low monthly rate of $5.95/mo.
What's the catch? Well, I did my research and didn't find any catch. It seems to me that Artfire is attempting to expand its Pro Memberships to raise money for new features since the Beta phase of Artfire is coming to an end. So, what that means to us is that if we can get 20,000 people to pre-sign up for this deal, then it will become a reality; a reality that will be capped at 50,000 people.
It seems like a great time to get in on this deal for
- Existing pro members who can lower their rate from $15.95 per month down to $5.95 per month.
- Basic members who don't want to pay $15.95 per month
- Basic members who would like to try out a pro account at a reduced rate (there is no contract with this group deal)
- Non-members who have something to sell that is vintage, handmade, or supplies and would like to try Artfire at a reduced rate
- Non-members who sell at other venues and would like to try something new
I personally think that Artfire pro membership is AWESOME for so many reasons. The layout, the flexibility, the flat rate fee rather than a fee per item listed and then another fee for each item sold, the ability to add our own widgets to our page, customization of our page, the ability to easily mark items on sale with a small banner that states discounts on the main photo of an item, the and so, so much more!
If you aren't sold, then perhaps take a look at the Artfire site and have a look around. Check out my studio and others' studios to get a feel for what you can do with yours..
Even if you don't take Artfire up on their offer, you probably have a friend in mind who could use an online studio for handmade or vintage items, or have supplies to sell. Pass on the word because a deal like this doesn't come around often and when it's done, its done.