Saturday, August 14, 2010

Beaded Bear Bracelet

My inspiration for this bracelet was the stone bear totem that I found at my local bead shop. The bear is fancy jasper and has beautiful greens and corals on a white background.

The bracelet itself is 3x3 right angle weave (RAW) stitched. I beaded the toggle clasp using the peyote stitch.

Measurements: This bracelet measures at just about 8.5 inches or 21 cm long when lying flat. However, because of the cylindrical shape of the bracelet, it fits my 7" wrist. I'm including photos of the bracelet on my wrist so that you get a better idea of how it might look on your wrist.

I weaved this bracelet and toggle clasp using Beadalon's thermally bonded bead weaver's thread, and I reinforced the stitches in the clasp and near the ends of the bracelet for longevity and durability. So, go ahead and wear this bracelet with confidence!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails