Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Beading for Animals

Today I finished drawing out my paw designs for a program that I will be launching later this week. What I am doing is selling certain items and a percentage of the purchase price will be sent to one of two organizations that help our winged, four-legged, and aquatic brothers and sisters. The reason that I am doing this is simple, I believe strongly that all life has a right to be here and to be treated with respect. I could go in to a long sermon about treating animals (whether they are our pets, raised for human consumption in one way or another, or out in the wild) with respect, and about our duty to care for them, but I won't. Today is not the day to do that, instead I will announce the two organizations that I found and will be donating to.

The first is the Northwoods Wildlife Center in Minocqua, Wisconsin. I fell in love with this organization after reading about all they do for wildlife throughout Wisconsin. Feel free to check them out!

The second organization that I have chosen is Saving Paws. Saving Paws is an organization that rescues pets and fosters them until they find a new home. They are a no-kill rescue and that is important to me. They are located in Appleton, Wisconsin. Feel free to check out their site as well!

When I get my projects done and begin selling, perhaps I could coax my two-legged brothers and sisters into helping me help out these organizations, and have something beautiful made for them in return. What that beautiful thing will be has been determined and drawn, I have only to begin beading them and launching my initial promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails